Skip to main content

In Space| Part 1- Helping An Alien

“On the bright side, I wouldn’t have to go to school tomorrow!” With this thought, I slowly drifted to sleep not caring that I just got kidnapped. 


A loud thud interrupted my dreams and I sat up immediately.

“You have no idea how many rules I’m breaking, but my Human Studies exam is tomorrow and I need help.” A guy shouted, somewhat scared.


I scanned around myself. I was in a small room with all the windows covered with curtains, and a small door.


“Cool, just explain where on Earth are we?” I said, trying to act calm but my expression said the opposite.


“We’re… not on Earth…” He rubbed his nape.


Haha, so humorous. I have a test today and someone thinks it’s a good idea to play pranks. 

“Nice. Funny prank. I’m not in the mood for this. Just let me go, I have a test today.” I got up and opened the curtains to look outside.

The view stunned me.

Earth. From outer space. Exactly like I had seen in books- It was beautiful. I was in awe.

I looked back at the weird guy.


“Yeah… I should introduce myself,” he spoke. “I’m Eemphil. And-”


“Imphal?” I interrupted.


“Eemphil. I’m not from Earth. I am from a planet called ‘Mars’. Have you heard of it? Or do humans not know of space at all? Wait, do you guys go to school?”


I slowly examined him. He looked pretty “Human”. Not sure if this is real or not… 


“Uh, you there?” He asked, breaking my chain of thoughts.


“Yeah, just… if this is a prank-”


“No! It’s not! Look, I need your help!” Eemphil panicked.


“Okay, okay. What do you want from me?” I sighed.


“Uh.. about humans. I need to study about humans for my exam.”


“And how much do you know about us?” I asked.


“Uh… you guys like to eat?” He spoke, trying to shoot some hoops.

Pfft, lame.


“Before I help you, I want some proof that you’re not lying. I wouldn’t want to waste my time.” 


“Sure,” he shrugged and pressed a button near the wall.


The walls around me lifted revealing those sci-fi rooms you see in movies.

It was a spaceship. Exactly like those in movies.

I was in space. In a spaceship. With an alien.


This couldn’t get crazier. I sat down, trying to take in everything that just happened.


“Wait, why did you bring me into space anyway?!” I asked him.


He looked alarmed. “Uhm well… Well, I thought you might ask me for evidence- I’ve read Humans don’t know about life on other planets.” 

Okay… that didn’t answer my question… and it felt like he was making it up.


“Then why in space? Why not discuss everything on Earth?” I questioned him again.

Eemphil remained quiet for some time. 


“You see, it’s illegal to travel to other planets without a warrant, and I don’t have an official one yet and-”


“You can get arrested for this?!” I interrupted


He nodded. “That’s why I need your guidance. FAST. My books are no help. Nor are my teachers. And I can’t fail this exam because it’s my only way to become a Space Police.” 

Alright then. I’m going to help an alien with his exam. Yup, totally normal. 


“But why me? I barely pass my own exams-” 


“You’re the first person I found. And besides, I only need some information.” The alien handed me a piece of paper titled ‘Questions’. 


‘What do humans use for communicating with other humans who are far from them?’ I read.

Scanning the paper, I saw all the questions were pretty… stupid. Even a 5-year-old would have answered them. 

I answered Eemphil’s questions and he noted them down in his notebook. 


After a while, we decided to take a break. 


“You’re a genius!” He said, totally impressed by me.

I chuckled nervously as a flashback of my History Exam came to my mind. Which… I had failed.

I stared outside, trying to consume everything that’s happened till now. It all felt surreal. But there was a feeling lingering around me that something bad is going to happen…


“Would you like something to eat?” Eemphil asked me.


“No thanks.” I smiled.


I swear I saw him grit his teeth and mutter something when I said that.

A question popped up in my mind, “where are we? In space?” 


“Erm… not far from Earth…” Eemphil tried his best to not keep eye contact.


Okay, something was fishy.


I noticed another thing. “Why is our spaceship moving? We aren’t going anywhere…” 


“H-huh? Oh um… nothing. We’re just moving in one place.” 


He put on all the curtains to block the view.

I got a hint he was hiding something.

“You should go to sleep. I’ll wake you up when we reach Earth.” He suddenly blurted out.


“Okay…”


I lied down, but cautiously. I couldn’t trust Eemphil. 

I shut my eyes- faking that I was sleeping-, and kept my ears open.


“Yes boss, I’ve found a human.” I heard him say.


Wait, was he talking to someone?! I opened my eyes and craned my neck to get a better look at him. Yes! He was talking to someone… and he had a phone? More like a walkie-talkie… 


“No sir, the human doesn’t have any suspicions.” He looked over at me and I shut my eyes and rested my head again.


“We’re not far from Mars and will be reaching soon, sir.” 


He was taking me to Mars?! Whaaaaat?


Then he said something which scared the wits out of me...




“Yes, please keep a room empty in the testing lab.”


Uh oh

I think I might have a problem.

Comments

  1. Queen PhilosopherMay 15, 2021

    YAS, YOU GO GURL!!! GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, well conceived!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to part 2!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Weird Word

This story would’ve been ‘My Normal Life- Part 4’ but it’s actually about my brother. So…… yeah… let’s get started. It was a normal day at Mayoor school Shaurya, a nursery grade student -my brother- walked up to his teacher with a troubling thought. "Maam!" The teacher, Mrs. Sarika Chawla looked up from her work at the little child. “Yes, Shaurya?” “I saw this word somewhere… can you tell the meaning of it?” “Sure, kid.” Shaurya stepped forward. “The word... it was… it was…” Mrs. Chawla rolled her eyes. “Ask me when you remember. Now go back to your seat.” Shaurya shook his head. “Maam! The word was ‘loohcs’.” I know, right! Like... how does he even come up with these kind of things? “Looks means ‘appearance.’ Now go back to your seat and let me check these notebooks.” Mrs. Sarika said, trying to send the boy away. “Maam! The spelling was L- O- O- H- C- S.” Mrs. Chawla frowned. “Eh? What word is that?” She thought. “Maam, what does it mean?” Mrs.

Journey To Earth

  "Land!" Anjali, our captain shouted. Our rocket abruptly halted and settled.  Finally, we had reached our destination. It was the year of 2500, maybe 2600. I lost count after 2010. We, a secret agency planned to reach an unidentified planet with the help of the government.  Nobody but us and the government knew this.  Nobody . We started in 2016. None of us aged, it probably might have been 100 years since we set off. Food? Water? Supplies?  We already found out a chemical which works in space and  only  space. It creates many things, though they have to be registered and must go through many tests. It's a long process. Well, I didn't yet tell why we are doing this, right? We found aliens. They call themselves "Humans". And we're "Lumens". Coincidence? Maybe. As alien biology was always my space of interest, I knew everything about the habitat. I looked at Olivia who was jumping joyfully. Swati, on the other hand, was serious and contacting o

Raksha Bandhan Special

      Raksha Bandhan Special Inseparable twins Collaboration With Eco- Friendly Writer (Surat) Link To Her Blog (No longer active) The bell rang, and like every other day, Mrs Sherly sent Ritu to the staff room to bring her the attendance register. She ran towards the staff room, trying not to miss her lunch.  Sighing, she headed back to her classroom that’s when she sighted Ritesh, her brother crying and two guys towering and laughing at him. Ritu boiled up and shouted, “Stop it, you two! How many times have I told you not to bully students, eh?” Seeing the vice head girl, the two boys ran away not wanting to get into hot water. Ritu asked sympathetically, “Ritesh, what happened?” Her brother turned pale and ran away. Ritu was left baffled. The bell rang. ‘Here goes my lunch again’ She rolled her eyes and headed to class. ~ “Ms Ritu, may I know what interests you out of the window more than my class?” The teacher asked sweetly (yeah, sarcastically). S