Skip to main content

The Weird Word

This story would’ve been ‘My Normal Life- Part 4’ but it’s actually about my brother. So…… yeah… let’s get started.
It was a normal day at Mayoor school Shaurya, a nursery grade student -my brother- walked up to his teacher with a troubling thought.
"Maam!"
The teacher, Mrs. Sarika Chawla looked up from her work at the little child. “Yes, Shaurya?”
“I saw this word somewhere… can you tell the meaning of it?”
“Sure, kid.”
Shaurya stepped forward. “The word... it was… it was…”
Mrs. Chawla rolled her eyes. “Ask me when you remember. Now go back to your seat.”
Shaurya shook his head. “Maam! The word was ‘loohcs’.”
I know, right! Like... how does he even come up with these kind of things?
“Looks means ‘appearance.’ Now go back to your seat and let me check these notebooks.” Mrs. Sarika said, trying to send the boy away.
“Maam! The spelling was L- O- O- H- C- S.”
Mrs. Chawla frowned. “Eh? What word is that?” She thought.
“Maam, what does it mean?”
Mrs. Chawla was stumped. “I’ll check and tell you tomorrow.”
The Next Day
Shaurya eagerly waited for the teacher to come.
Mrs. Chawla came in, keeping her books on the table.
Shaurya went up to her. “Maam! Did you find the meaning of the word?”
Mrs. Chawla looked at him, perplexed. She had forgotten about the talk with Shaurya the previous day.
It suddenly hit her, and she said, “Oh... yeah! That word… ‘loohcs’…. Well….”
Shaurya’s shoulder slumped.
“I’ll surely tell you tomorrow.”
He went back to his seat, sighing.
The Next Day (Part- 2)
This time, Mrs. Chawla had looked up for the word.
This time, Shaurya was determined to find the word from his teacher.
When asked for the word, Mrs. Chawla took a deep breath and said, “I couldn’t find it.”
The student’s jaw almost dropped. Not even his teacher could find the meaning of the word he saw.
But Shaurya was stubborn.
He kept asking his teacher for the word every day. And Mrs. Sarika Chawla avoided him as much as possible. Not a good trait for a teacher, right? Yeah, I thought so too.
After a few days- probably of being frustrated by my brother- the teacher asked Shaurya, “Where did you see that word?”
Shaurya smiled. He had finally convinced his teacher to go the lengths of finding the word. “Follow me, Maam!”
 He took his teacher outside his empty art class. Standing in front of the mirror, he pointed at his shirt in the reflection, which read- “See! The shirt says loohcs!”
Shaurya’s shirt read ‘Mayoor School.’
His reflection mirrored the word ‘school’ on his shirt into ‘loohcs’ (I still laugh at that).
I’m sure the teacher almost exploded at him.

For Sarika Maam
Sorry for Shaurya's bugging

Comments

  1. Hahaha! This is so funny.. I can even imagine Shaurya making an innocent face while saying it 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He didn't even annoy his teacher with that word on purpose!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hope you also like my other stories!!

      Delete
  3. So cute Shaurya!! 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute? My brother? Not so sure about that!

      Delete
  4. Really nice story .. I too laughed after going through it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for reading this story!

      Delete
  6. Hahaha...really kept on laughing while reading the story....good one Siya😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our exams are over but you have not published new story :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here!!
      https://storiesbysiya.blogspot.com/2020/10/journey-to-earth.html

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Journey To Earth

  "Land!" Anjali, our captain shouted. Our rocket abruptly halted and settled.  Finally, we had reached our destination. It was the year of 2500, maybe 2600. I lost count after 2010. We, a secret agency planned to reach an unidentified planet with the help of the government.  Nobody but us and the government knew this.  Nobody . We started in 2016. None of us aged, it probably might have been 100 years since we set off. Food? Water? Supplies?  We already found out a chemical which works in space and  only  space. It creates many things, though they have to be registered and must go through many tests. It's a long process. Well, I didn't yet tell why we are doing this, right? We found aliens. They call themselves "Humans". And we're "Lumens". Coincidence? Maybe. As alien biology was always my space of interest, I knew everything about the habitat. I looked at Olivia who was jumping joyfully. Swati, on the other hand, was serious and contacting o

Raksha Bandhan Special

      Raksha Bandhan Special Inseparable twins Collaboration With Eco- Friendly Writer (Surat) Link To Her Blog (No longer active) The bell rang, and like every other day, Mrs Sherly sent Ritu to the staff room to bring her the attendance register. She ran towards the staff room, trying not to miss her lunch.  Sighing, she headed back to her classroom that’s when she sighted Ritesh, her brother crying and two guys towering and laughing at him. Ritu boiled up and shouted, “Stop it, you two! How many times have I told you not to bully students, eh?” Seeing the vice head girl, the two boys ran away not wanting to get into hot water. Ritu asked sympathetically, “Ritesh, what happened?” Her brother turned pale and ran away. Ritu was left baffled. The bell rang. ‘Here goes my lunch again’ She rolled her eyes and headed to class. ~ “Ms Ritu, may I know what interests you out of the window more than my class?” The teacher asked sweetly (yeah, sarcastically). S