Skip to main content

My Normal Life Part-3

Yes, this is the third part of my normal life. 
But this ain't normal. 
Well, maybe it might have happened with every other elder sister who was left alone with a small 2-year-old cousin who is the most mischievous kid ever.
Allow me to explain.
So as everyone says, 'It was a normal bright day'.
Except it was windy.
My Aunt and her son, Jai came from England to India a few days ago.
I hadn't met Jai for a year so he was a bit shy at first (Why does this happen with every other younger brother I have?).
But being shy lasted for an hour only.
He became truly loud after that.
Well, back to the day I was talking about. Yeah, the windy one.
So mom and aunt left for the market in the afternoon. Dad was at the office as usual.
I was left alone with my siblings- Srishti and Shaurya and of course, Jai.
Well, when they three come together with, its havoc.
So I made them sleep. Good thing Shaurya and Srishti fall asleep fast.
So I just had Jai to take care of.
Which..... I thought would be easy.
I gave him chocolate, tried to put him to sleep but nothing worked. 
"Siya Didi! Let's go to the park!" Was his response (he does have a British accent, though) to a blanket.
Desperate to do anything but hear him cry, I took Jai downstairs.
He ran like Usain Bolt. No, seriously. He ran like lightning.
I ran after him but unluckily lost him.
Good thing I checked behind the garbage truck.
I picked him up in my arms.
He started kicking me. No. Just no. The last thing needed.
I took him to my home. His feet were covered in mud. Ew.
I took off his shoes.
The phone rang. 
Why was everything going wrong?
I left Jai sitting on the table and picked the phone.
Just mom.
I went back to the room. 
Jai wasn't there. Oh no.
The front door was open. Oh no (again).
I ran out.
The elevator closed.
I gasped and pressed the button. As soon as the lift opened I dashed in and smashed the button with '0 Floor'. 
That kid is something.
As bad luck is my best friend, the windy weather change into a storm. 
That kid was getting on my nerves.
I ran and ran. Dust was getting in my eyes.
I started crying.
Where would Jai be?
Then I spotted him. Sitting on a bench. Pretty far away.
I could not run anymore but like I had a choice.
I dashed after him, panting.
Then a gang of kids with cycles found him.
Oh no.
Those were the big kids. They were kind of a "gang" of friends who were a lot older than me. And they punched little kids. 
According to the rumour, I heard.
The kid who seemed like the "leader" picked him in his arms.
I went pale. 
Jai sat on their cycle and they turned around and dashed at the fastest speed.
I panted for air and ran, again. 
Pure cruelty.
They cycled faster and I kept sprinting (TXT's Run Away was playing in my mind).
After taking three rounds of the whole apartment, they finally came to a stop. 
The rain had become worse.
I went up to them nervously. 
They put Jai down and went away.
Ok, that was weird.
Jai started running again.
This time crying and looking for me.
I gritted my teeth and grabbed him.
At my sight, he gasped. "Siya didi! I found you! I want to go to the park!" (yeah, in a smooth accent).
And here he dashed again.
But I caught him. I picked him and walked as much as I could.
He started kicking me and whined.
It hurt. I cried and took him home.
Locking the door completely (which I had left open because of the little menace) I sat down on the floor. 
Jai kept running around banging the door.
How much energy did he have?
Luckily aunt and mum came back soon.
But I was sleeping. I was too exhausted.
That is a day I would never forget. 
I'm still scared of leaving the door open when Jai's around.
But even though he's pretty mischievous, he still is my younger brother. And he also has a sweet side!

Comments

  1. Your stories are amazing! Looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will there be a My Normal Life Part 4 ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm... haven't decided yet. But maybe!

      Delete
  3. Your other stories are much better than this, I read this one expecting a good story but wasn't happy reading this one ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, will publish more and hope you will like those!

      Delete
  4. Waiting for next story...............................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay... my exams are going on.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Weird Word

This story would’ve been ‘My Normal Life- Part 4’ but it’s actually about my brother. So…… yeah… let’s get started. It was a normal day at Mayoor school Shaurya, a nursery grade student -my brother- walked up to his teacher with a troubling thought. "Maam!" The teacher, Mrs. Sarika Chawla looked up from her work at the little child. “Yes, Shaurya?” “I saw this word somewhere… can you tell the meaning of it?” “Sure, kid.” Shaurya stepped forward. “The word... it was… it was…” Mrs. Chawla rolled her eyes. “Ask me when you remember. Now go back to your seat.” Shaurya shook his head. “Maam! The word was ‘loohcs’.” I know, right! Like... how does he even come up with these kind of things? “Looks means ‘appearance.’ Now go back to your seat and let me check these notebooks.” Mrs. Sarika said, trying to send the boy away. “Maam! The spelling was L- O- O- H- C- S.” Mrs. Chawla frowned. “Eh? What word is that?” She thought. “Maam, what does it mean?” Mrs.

Journey To Earth

  "Land!" Anjali, our captain shouted. Our rocket abruptly halted and settled.  Finally, we had reached our destination. It was the year of 2500, maybe 2600. I lost count after 2010. We, a secret agency planned to reach an unidentified planet with the help of the government.  Nobody but us and the government knew this.  Nobody . We started in 2016. None of us aged, it probably might have been 100 years since we set off. Food? Water? Supplies?  We already found out a chemical which works in space and  only  space. It creates many things, though they have to be registered and must go through many tests. It's a long process. Well, I didn't yet tell why we are doing this, right? We found aliens. They call themselves "Humans". And we're "Lumens". Coincidence? Maybe. As alien biology was always my space of interest, I knew everything about the habitat. I looked at Olivia who was jumping joyfully. Swati, on the other hand, was serious and contacting o

Raksha Bandhan Special

      Raksha Bandhan Special Inseparable twins Collaboration With Eco- Friendly Writer (Surat) Link To Her Blog (No longer active) The bell rang, and like every other day, Mrs Sherly sent Ritu to the staff room to bring her the attendance register. She ran towards the staff room, trying not to miss her lunch.  Sighing, she headed back to her classroom that’s when she sighted Ritesh, her brother crying and two guys towering and laughing at him. Ritu boiled up and shouted, “Stop it, you two! How many times have I told you not to bully students, eh?” Seeing the vice head girl, the two boys ran away not wanting to get into hot water. Ritu asked sympathetically, “Ritesh, what happened?” Her brother turned pale and ran away. Ritu was left baffled. The bell rang. ‘Here goes my lunch again’ She rolled her eyes and headed to class. ~ “Ms Ritu, may I know what interests you out of the window more than my class?” The teacher asked sweetly (yeah, sarcastically). S